A frank conversation with the performer of the hits “Vremya”, “Orevuar”, “If You Knew”, as well as a performer of Adyghe folk songs, an artist of the musical theater - Azamat Tsavkilov. Azamat spoke about creative search, about personal life and popularity, about plans and unexpected projects.
Your last song “If only you knew”, as it’s fashionable to say, I’ve entered well! What congratulations! But I don’t have one question: will there be a full-fledged clip on it?
- From the first day, when we posted this song on the net, questions from the audience rained down - will there be a video? We are thinking about it. If the song goes even further - it will be! I'm ready! (laughs)
More than a year ago, you reported that the release of the song “If You Knew” was only the beginning of the implementation of a new project. Can you elaborate on what kind of project this is and how it is progressing?
- We are at the stage of selecting songs. People mostly know me as a performer of folk songs, and this Russian-language direction is new. In general, I try a lot - and opera, and chanson, and folk, and "pop music" ... I am in a constant creative search, first of all, myself!
By the way, Anisa Murtayeva (singer, actress), after another vocal casting in Moscow, said that the jury did not recognize the singer in her, but recognized as an actress, since she had more than a parody of other singers, and now she goes into actresses. Thus was born the project # claraijozeffice.
- Yes, they did well
You did not think to try yourself in a humorous genre?
- No! Definitely not humor! As a dramatic actor, I work in a musical theater, and recently the premiere of the operetta “Arshin Mal Alan” took place, where I played the main character, Asker, a wealthy merchant.
So what is your education?
– In 2008, I graduated from the Faculty of Industrial Civil Engineering, just like my father. And in the musical part, relatively recently he graduated from the Conservatory. SV Rakhmaninov in Rostov-on-Don, pop-jazz faculty.
Is there a story behind this song, “If You Knew,” is there a story?
- Well, in general, as it turns out in young people in a relationship - at first everyone flirts, shows themselves from the best side, and when rapprochement begins, difficulties begin, and by and large, they do not understand each other. And I wanted everyone to see themselves from the side. Therefore, it is probably worth shooting a clip.
Follow the success of a song on the network?
- Happenes. For example, I’m following the song “If You Knew ...” On the fourth day after posting, there were already more than 10000 views!
And what is the most successful?
- While the song “Time” remains the most successful. Very often, people remember it, fragments from the video, where the piano is lit, where the child is crying ... Both young and older - everyone finds something for herself in it, and it is not necessary that such a tragedy happen to any of them. Well, and, of course, “Orevoire” - such an incendiary, Latin American dance - love it.
How do you remember filming a video for the song “Time”?
“The first thing I remember is the cold.” It was really cold when a fire brigade poured water over me from hose to hose. On the first day, they were unable to get to the place of filming, they had to call a second car, pump out water ... It was not easy. But the most important thing for me is to show the emotional side of the song. Like, for example, if I sing about my mother, I either come up, or somehow show my eyes.
And in the creation of the hit “To the disco”, what role did you play, because you did not sing in it?
- I didn’t sing, but how often they asked me to sing this song after this video, but I don’t sing it! Sometimes, if we work somewhere together with the Sultan (Khazhiroko), I sing along with him, but never myself. I was pleased to support my colleagues then. This scene with corn - when I come to my village (Azamata's native village is Urukh), I meet with seniors, we often remember how we stole corn, apples, bathed in a river, baked potatoes in coals. Today's generation does not know these joys ...
Popular pop singers are often accused of singing the “plus”. How do you feel about these reproaches? Or maybe you have something to answer these people?
- I can honestly say here, from the time when I worked in the A-Mix team, if the equipment doesn’t sound good at the event, we performed under the “plus” so as not to disgrace. This does not mean that you sing poorly, it means that you care about the audience and about your future. But I myself am entirely for live singing. Recently I gathered a large team - from winds to strings, with a total of about 50 people. We prepared a great program for the concert, and everything sounded live. But I want to say that in our conditions one sound check is not enough. In order to sound the way we would like, we need to have our own concert equipment, as it happens with world-famous musicians. We are far from such opportunities. But I got a lot of experience, we held a concert in a full hall, recorded, and now it can be found on the Internet.
Given the fact that you sing in the opera, no one should have any questions about your performing abilities!
- Yes (laughs). By the way! I was recently given a major role in La Traviata. Already started to learn the party of Alfredo. The premiere is scheduled for April next year. I would like to take this opportunity to invite everyone.
And where can I find out about the exact date of the premiere, about the time?
- I always report on my speeches on the page on Instagram (@azamat_tsavkilov)
Are you a married man? Do you have children?
- Yes, there is a son, four years.
How to combine these two roles - the role of an artist and a family man?
- Our family happiness is largely based on my wife. She is a dancer in the past and knows all the specifics. He understands and supports me. Of course, it happens that will be jealous, but it happens to everyone.
Does the son already show talents? Is he a singer, dancer, or engineer?
- While he is a fighter. No matter how I come home, I immediately feel like fighting ... But she also listens to songs, dances, asks questions ... millions of questions (laughs). Education, as well as answers to all questions, is done more by the hostess ...
Which of your idols would you like to sing a duet with?
- From foreign countries - I love Louis Armstrong, Brian Adams ... And from ours - Leps! Ever since the time when I worked as a singer in a restaurant, I was obliged to know all the popular songs. And then I fell in love with the work of Grigory Leps, especially “First Birthday”. Stas Mikhailov, of course, too. But for me, Leps is interested not so much in creativity as in his manner of acting on the stage, free, even “untethered”. But Mikhailov has a different one, he is attentive to the viewer, speaks with the public, reads poetry ... Vysotsky, of course, really love.
And from contemporaries, maybe not only North Caucasian pop music?
“I never even thought.” If an interesting proposal comes in, I am always happy to answer it with consent. So I am open to suggestions, only so that it is serious, so that a duet can be sung in a duet, and not thrown halfway. Although, with Azamat Bishtov, we recently recorded a song and agreed that if we do not work together, we can perform her solo.
How do you feel about popularity? On the street find out?
- Yes, it is interesting. When they find out, they don’t give a look, and then I hear them say “Tsav Tsavk” to each other. The same letters are heard from a distance. It's funny Or, for example, I like to go to the market, buy home-made products, the most delicious ones are there. And they can recognize me: “This is Tsavkilov!”. And because of the neighboring shop someone else loudly: “Well, so what !? Should we dance now? ” They are up to this on purpose. At such moments, I feel uncomfortable, and I go on. Or one more thing: somewhere at the event we stood nearby - they already say: “I know him ...”. As if we are personally acquainted. Therefore, I say, we do not have stars, but people “starred” (laughs).
It is most pleasant when the elders come up and approvely approve that I sing good songs. After all, I began by re-singing, rewriting old Adyg songs. But despite the fact that now I sing new songs in Russian, I will not leave old songs, I will never leave.
Today you are in demand in the Caucasus. Do you want to go beyond the Caucasus stage, or are you already taking steps in this direction?
- Yes, I would like to tell you right away. And in the pop, and in the acting direction. I would like to star in a musical
I wish you this success! Thank you for talking!