This year the famous arranger Ruslan Abdokov celebrates the fifth anniversary of the opening of its own recording studio - "RR Project Studio".
Recording Studio "RR Project Studio"
Mixing, mastering, making songs turnkey
A young and very talented specialist works with many Caucasian pop stars, increasingly taking part in the preparation of new tracks for artists of the sound publishing house Zvuk-M. We decided to talk with Ruslan and find out the details of this “kitchen”. How hits are born and what are the musical predictions for the next 10 years, read our interview.
- Ruslan, please tell us how it all started? How did you get into this sphere?
- My creativity originated from childhood: I began to play the doula (popularly - the drum) from the age of 12. In general, the idea of becoming an arranger originated from my older brother - he showed interest in this, but then followed in his father's footsteps, and abandoned his undertakings. At that moment, I could not even imagine that I would ever work in this area. But once our mutual friend, who was already an arranger, being our guest, played one club melody on the synthesizer. Then I just passed by, heard, stopped, and at that moment a desire was born in me to be able to do the same!
During the 3 years, I was at home, practically all day and night, learning how to make arrangements, to write music. There were also created the first pair of hits. After the release of several songs, people began to catch up with me, there were more customers, and then I realized that I was ready to “go out”, opened my studio. At that time I was 18 years old.
- Since then, you have already accumulated many joint projects with famous performers. Which of them do you most often work with?
- True, there are a lot of them. These are mainly: Rustam Nakhushev, Aydamir Eldarov, Islam Itlyashev, Aminat Napsheva, Aslan Kyatov, Kirsan Dubaev, and many others.
- Approximately how many songs do you have to do a month? Does it happen that your “eyes get blurred” and they all seem the same to you?
- I do about 15-20 compositions somewhere, and, strangely enough, they are all different! There is no one that would be alike.
- Which of your projects are you especially proud of?
- I think that I am proud of the Enrasta project and the KhaliF project lately. I think this is a new level for them and for me.
- When an order for a new song comes in, how long do you have to wait for inspiration?
- More often than not, having heard a motive, an idea immediately comes up. But it also happened that I returned home from the studio, tried to fall asleep, but suddenly some thought came, and I immediately got ready and went to the studio again - to embody a new idea!
- Has it ever happened that the artist did not like your work? What did you do in these cases?
- Sometimes it happens. With people who themselves do not know what they want. I call them "poorly educated", but this does not happen with professional artists.
- Did you have to correct the project so as to please the customer, but at the same time you yourself didn't like the song?
- And this happens, but I do not think that I cannot impose something on a person. I can offer my idea to the artist, but if he likes his own more, I have to fulfill it, since he is the customer, and I am just a manufacturer.
- Do you often hear ideas that someone has "stolen" from someone?
- Previously, this was not, but nowadays it is "fashionable". Now we have to deal with this.
- Has it ever happened that you did not want to take on a job with a person who is not pleasant to you? What did you do in this case?
- Yes, and this also happens. Just so as not to offend such a customer, I say that I am busy, but more often than not it turns out - I am really busy.
- You yourself never wanted to perform anything?
- For so much time, being in this area, only recently I decided to try to sing. Prepared a couple of songs, but haven't recorded anything yet. I am very self-critical of myself. Hopefully this will pass.
- What music, in your opinion, is more in demand on the Caucasian stage?
- I think these are national songs. Without them, the Caucasus is not the Caucasus. Although, almost all the artists have recently begun to perform what to call it correctly ... "Caucasian chanson".
- Is it possible to predict the appearance of a hit?
- This is such a difficult question ... It happens that a person comes to you, begins to hum the lyrics and that's it - you confidently do this work, knowing that you will get a hit! And it happens that you do not expect anything from this song at all, you do not even suspect, but it will suddenly take and "shoot"! It also depends on how you present it to the audience.
- What are your predictions of what the audience in the Caucasus will listen to in the next 10 years?
- Our audience will be divided by age: the older ones will listen to national songs and chanson, and the youth - the “new school” - these are all hip-hop performers. Mostly love songs.
- Ruslan, thank you more for sharing with us the nuances of his work! Can you give any final advice to aspiring artists? What qualities do you need to possess to be successful in the music field?
- You must show patience and striving for everything, then you will definitely reach a great level!
We suggest you listen to several tracks, the arrangement to which was made by Ruslan Abdokov and remind you that all of them are available for download.