This year the famous arranger Ruslan Abdokov celebrates the fifth anniversary of the opening of its own recording studio - "RR Project Studio".
Recording Studio "RR Project Studio"
Mixing, mastering, making songs turnkey
A young and very talented specialist works with many Caucasian pop stars, increasingly taking part in the preparation of new tracks for artists of the sound publishing house Zvuk-M. We decided to talk with Ruslan and find out the details of this “kitchen”. How hits are born and what are the musical predictions for the next 10 years, read our interview.
- Ruslan, please tell us how it all began? How did you get into this area?
- My work originated from childhood: I started playing at the dole (popularly - the drum) from the age of 12. In general, the idea of becoming an arranger came from my older brother - he showed interest in this, but then he followed in his father's footsteps, and abandoned his beginnings. At that moment, I could not imagine that I would ever work in this area. But one day, our mutual friend, who was already an arranger, being at our place, performed one club tune on a synthesizer. Then I just walked by, heard, stopped, and at that moment a desire was born in me to be able to!
During the 3 years, I was at home, practically all day and night, learning how to make arrangements, to write music. There were also created the first pair of hits. After the release of several songs, people began to catch up with me, there were more customers, and then I realized that I was ready to “go out”, opened my studio. At that time I was 18 years old.
- Since then, you have already accumulated a lot of joint projects with famous performers. Which of them do you work with most often?
- True, there are a lot of them. This is mainly: Rustam Nakhushev, Aydamir Eldarov, Islam Itlyashev, Aminat Napsheva, Aslan Kyatov, Kirsan Dubayev, and many others.
- How many songs do you have to make per month? Does it happen that “the eye is blurred” and they all seem the same to you?
- About 15-20 compositions I do somewhere, and, strangely, they are all different! There are no ones that would be similar to each other.
- Which of your projects are you particularly proud of?
- I think that I have been proud of the Enrasta project and the KhaliF project lately. I think this is a new level for them, and for me.
- When an order for a new song arrives, how long does it take to wait for inspiration?
- Most often, when you hear a motive, an idea immediately comes. But it also happened that I was returning home from the studio, trying to sleep, but suddenly a thought came up, and I was about to pack up and go back to the studio - to realize a new idea!
- Has it ever happened that the artist did not like your work? What did you do in these cases?
- Sometimes it happens. With people who themselves do not know what they want. I call them "poorly educated", but this does not happen with professional artists.
- Did you have to correct the project so as to please the customer, but at the same time you yourself did not like the song?
- And this happens, but I do not think that I can not impose something on a person. I can offer my idea to the artist, but if he likes his own better, I am obliged to fulfill this, since he is the customer, and I am only a manufacturer.
- Do you often hear ideas that someone “stole” from someone?
- Previously, this was not, but nowadays it is now "fashionable." Now we have to deal with this.
- Did it happen that you did not want to take up work with a person who is not pleasant to you? What did you do in this case?
- Yes, and this also happens. Just so as not to offend such a customer, I say that I’m busy, but most often it turns out that way - I’m really busy.
“You yourself never wanted to do anything?”
- For so much time, being in this area, only recently I decided to try to sing. I prepared a couple of songs, but haven’t recorded anything yet. I am very self-critical to myself. I hope this goes away.
- What music, in your opinion, is more in demand on the Caucasian stage?
- I think these are national songs. Without them, the Caucasus is not the Caucasus. Although, almost all artists have begun to perform lately, as it were, correctly called ... "Caucasian chanson."
- Is it possible to predict the appearance of a hit?
- This is such a difficult question ... It happens that a person came to you, started humming a text and that’s it - you are confidently doing this work, knowing that it will be a hit! And it happens that you don’t expect anything from this song, you don’t even suspect, and she will suddenly take it and “shoot”! It also depends on how you present it to the audience.
- What are your forecasts that the audience in the Caucasus will listen to the next 10 years?
- Our audience will be divided by age: older people will listen to national songs and chanson, and young people - “new school” - these are all hip-hop artists. Basically - songs about love.
- Ruslan, thanks more for sharing with us the nuances of his work! Can you give any advice to budding artists? What qualities do you need to have in order to succeed in the music field?
- It is necessary to show patience and desire for everything, then you will certainly reach a high level!
We suggest you listen to several tracks, the arrangement to which was made by Ruslan Abdokov and remind you that all of them are available for download.