The composition dedicated to the deportation of the Circassian people during and after the end of the Caucasian War was presented today Timur Losanov @timur_losan. The instrumental melody was called “Kayser qafe k1hyh” (“Dance of the Circassians”) in honor of the Turkish city of Kayseri, in which a large number of the Adyghe people live.
Listen and download the song “Kyaiser k'afe k1ykh” by Timur Losanov
The performer himself is often in Kayseri. We decided to ask what was his first meeting with the local diaspora, and how was the track “Kyaiser qafe k1hyh” born?
- Timur, please tell us about your first meeting with the Adyghe diaspora, where and when was it?
- It happened in Syria, in the long-suffering city of Aleppo, back in 1993. Since that time, not a single year has passed that I did not meet with compatriots abroad. These meetings inspire creativity. Actually, thanks to them, the composition “Kayser kafe k1yh” appeared. In 2014, she took a key place in my instrumental album, which was released in Turkey.
- What was the basis of the composition?
- It is a collective way and a kind of "bridge" for all Circassians deprived of their homeland. Every diaspora man holds in his heart this virtual connection with Haku. Each communication with them is filled with romance, folklore, history and, of course, dreams. Despite all the hardships that have befallen my people, he lives with great hopes, like “Käsär käfe klih”!
- Surely, in Kayseri there are many fans of your work?
- Views and downloads on social networking sites speak about the sympathy of the people who follow him. It is not only pleasant. I want to work harder, contributing to the development of the Adyghe culture.
- Thank you Timur! And we remind our readers that the composition “Kayser kafe k1yh” is already available for listening and downloading on all digital platforms.