"Petrucho studio". Secrets of success from Artur Khasanov
The fourth year of work on the set, about 40 released clips, a wide list of customers throughout the country and abroad ... The label “Petrucho studio” is on everyone's lips. So what is the secret of their success, and how did the path of one of the most famous film companies of the Caucasus begin?
The director of the video department of the studio, Artur Khasanov, told the journalist of the music publishing house “Zvuk-M”.
- Arthur, initially your company provided photo and music services. How was the video company born?
- She was conceived as one of the three components of “Petrucho”: video, photo and music. At first, we released short video announcements for artists who came to record at Petruchomusic. We already opened our own groups in social networks and a YouTube channel where subscribers could watch the process. And then they began to embody the idea of shooting full-length music videos.
- Your first works were not commercial?
- We still divide the work into commercial orders and non-commercial work. But we are both creative. So, we once took on the promotion of rap artist Adler, who shot the video for the song "Father" and recorded several tracks. Now he is already a successful and accomplished artist, which is good news.
One of my favorite works created by our studio was also made during that period - this is a clip Angelica Nacheva "Sinan" ("Mom"). He marked the beginning of our strong friendship, and the song itself is so heartfelt and touching that it immediately subdued us. By the way, this is one of my mom's favorite tracks, so I still hear it often at home.
- Yes, the song is really very touching, and the clip harmoniously reflected it. Over the past year, you filmed 18 music videos, greatly expanding your geography. What other projects is the studio doing?
- One of the last successful projects was filmed by us in Cyprus, together with the company “LIFE production”, for rapper Dino MC 47. It was a fascinating process, an interesting experience, and as a result, the Russian public appreciated our work, it is very nice! The clip is now rotated on the TV channels “MUZ-TV” and “RU.TV”.
In general, there are many more projects where I speak not as a director, but as a producer or screenwriter, or sometimes only as an operator. I know English and Turkish very well, so I am often invited to shoot abroad.
- I have three higher education and none of them belongs to the profession in which I am engaged. I specifically studied this case in addition, in the Czech Republic. He graduated from the Prague School "Prague Independent Media Trainers Association" ("Prague Association of Media Industry Coaches"). There were only two of us from Russia. There I discovered the basics of mastery and new creative ideas. And, to be honest, the European vision of setting up the shooting process is closer to me. In my work, I try to focus on him.
- And what are the future plans of Petrucho studio?
- Work! More and more! Now, by the end of the year, my schedule is already packed. As for the future, I would like to conquer new horizons - to work abroad, to learn something new.
- What can you wish to novice artists who only dream of playing once in your videos?
- I want to say that any project must be approached deliberately and seriously. If you chose this path, be ready to lay out the maximum. You should not do this just for the sake of entertainment, approach the assessment of their capabilities objectively.
Otherwise, good luck to all!
- Arthur, thank you very much for the conversation. We also wish your company prosperity and new creative successes!