This year the famous arranger Ruslan Abdokov celebrates the fifth anniversary of the opening of its own recording studio - "RR Project Studio".
Recording Studio "RR Project Studio"
Mixing, mastering, making songs turnkey
A young and very talented specialist works with many Caucasian pop stars, increasingly taking part in the preparation of new tracks for artists of the sound publishing house Zvuk-M. We decided to talk with Ruslan and find out the details of this “kitchen”. How hits are born and what are the musical predictions for the next 10 years, read our interview.
- Ruslan, tell me, please, how did it all begin? How did you get in this area?
- My creativity originated from childhood: I started playing doula (the people called a drum) from 12 years. In general, the idea of becoming an arranger originated from my elder brother - he showed interest in this, but then he followed in the footsteps of his father, and abandoned his undertakings. At that moment I could not imagine that I would ever work in this area. But once our mutual friend, who was already an arranger, being our guest, performed one club melody on a synthesizer. I then just passed by, heard, stopped, and at that moment I was born the desire to be able to do the same!
During the 3 years, I was at home, practically all day and night, learning how to make arrangements, to write music. There were also created the first pair of hits. After the release of several songs, people began to catch up with me, there were more customers, and then I realized that I was ready to “go out”, opened my studio. At that time I was 18 years old.
- Since then, you have already accumulated a lot of joint projects with famous performers. Which of them do you work with the most?
- True, there are a lot of them. These are mainly: Rustam Nakhushev, Aydamir Eldarov, Islam Itlyashev, Aminat Napsheva, Aslan Kyatov, Kirsan Dubayev, and many others.
- How many songs about a month do you have to do? It happens that “the eye is washed up” and they all seem to you the same?
- Around 15-20 I do compositions somewhere, and, strangely, they are all different! There are none that would be alike.
- Which of your projects are you particularly proud of?
- I think that the project Enrasta and the project KhaliF I am proud of lately. I think this is a new level for them and for me.
- When an order for a new song arrives, how long do you have to wait for inspiration?
- Most often it happens that having heard the motive, an idea immediately comes. But it happened that I returned home from the studio, tried to fall asleep, but suddenly a thought came, and I immediately gathered and went to the studio again - to embody the new idea!
- Has the artist ever liked your work? What did you do in these cases?
- Sometimes it happens. With people who themselves do not know what they want. I call them “poorly educated”, and this does not happen with professional artists.
- Did you have to correct the project to please the customer, but you didn’t like the song yourself?
- And it happens, but I do not think that I can not impose something on a person. I can offer my idea to the artist, but if he likes his own more, I have to do it because he is the customer, and I'm just a manufacturer.
- Do you often hear ideas that someone “stole” from someone?
- Previously, this was not, but in our time it is now "fashionable." Now we have to deal with this.
- Has it ever happened that you did not want to start working with a person who is not pleasant to you? What did you do in this case?
- Yes, it happens too. Just so as not to offend such a customer, I say that I’m busy, but most often it turns out - I’m really busy.
“Never wanted to do anything yourself?”
- For so much time, being in this area, only recently I decided to try to sing. I prepared a couple of songs, but have not recorded anything yet. I am very self-critical to myself. Hope this goes.
- What music, in your opinion, is more in demand on the Caucasian stage?
- I think these are national songs. Without them, the Caucasus is not the Caucasus. Although, almost all artists began to perform lately, as it were, to call it correctly ... "Caucasian chanson".
- Is it possible to predict the appearance of a hit?
- This is a difficult question ... Sometimes, a person came to you, began to hum the text and that's it - you surely do this job, knowing that it will be a hit! And sometimes, you do not expect anything from this song at all, you do not even suspect it, but it suddenly takes it and “shoots”! It also depends on how you present it to the audience.
- What are your predictions that the audience in the Caucasus will be listening to the next 10 years?
- Our public will be divided by age: the older ones will listen to national songs and chanson, and the young - “new school” - these are all hip-hop performers. Basically - songs about love.
- Ruslan, more thanks for sharing with us the nuances of your work! Can you give advice to beginning artists? What qualities do you need to succeed in the musical field?
- It is necessary to show patience and desire for everything, then you will surely achieve a large level!
We suggest you listen to several tracks, the arrangement to which was made by Ruslan Abdokov and remind you that all of them are available for download.